Enhancing the quality of life in Zanesville/Muskingum County by improving the educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities available and developing the concept of related and innovative activities in those areas.
The Foundation views its primary function as that of a catalyst, seeking to be responsive to programs that are innovative, yet strive to create permanent solutions to community needs.
- Leave fewer people behind
- Help talented individuals really stand out
- Distribute the income of the Foundation to organizations with tax free status in accordance with both the terms and spirit of the will of Cora E. Rogge.
- Operate in accordance with Internal Revenue Service requirements for non-profit status and applicable Ohio law governing trusts.
- Seek to make Zanesville/Muskingum County an attractive and nurturing environment to live in and work.
- Support activities outside of the three areas of main focus when they are deemed vital to community betterment and contribute to achieving the Foundation's goals.
- Assist those in the community who are in need to lead a better, more fulfilling life.
- Help attract and retain young, talented professional and entrepreneurial individuals and families.
- Conserve the area's natural resources and preserve the historic fabric of the community.
- Proactively, foster the growth and development of organizations and groups that will operate the facilities, projects, and programs that help fulfill the Rogge Vision, Goals, and Mission.
- Network with public entities including the County, municipal corporations, townships, schools, colleges, special districts, and other political subdivisions to provide educational, cultural, recreational, and other opportunities that contribute to meeting community needs.
- Seek community input as to community wants and needs and ascertain the willingness and ability to work and pay to address these desires.
- Identify sources of public and Foundation funding for desirable projects, programs, and activities that contribute to the area's well-being.